Thursday, September 30, 2010

Who are you? What will you become?

Do you remember having to look at time lines during history class? You know those lines that start out at a certain date and end at another date, in between there are specific, important facts and the dates for those facts? That is sort of how I view life, as a time line. A definite start and end with facts scattered in the middle.

Alright, I admit this is a rather flat and boring way to think about life but hear me out. Hopefully I will describe this to show you that a time line is really dimensional and extremely intriguing. It really is a helpful way to think of life and how it all works for good. You remember that Romans 8:28 tells us that all things work together for good, for those that love God. I think life begins with conception so truthfully your time line begins then.  But if you would rather, think of the beginning as your actual birth date. Now, of course the end will be your death and you don't know that date but God knows this date. Your death date will be made known to others once it happens and is not really relevant now.

What is so important is all the stuff in the middle, between the two end posts. You have the leading role in that. I think that the trials and tribulations that we all face in life are equal to the good and happy times we face. I don't mean that the events are equal in joy or desire but equal in that the events shape us and mold us. I believe that if life is all a cake walk, we don't learn how much we need a Savior. And if life is terrible all the time then we never learn that a Savior would care about us. You begin life with one soul and that same soul, transformed, is the soul you leave with. That same soul that starts life enters eternity. That eternity is Heaven or Hell. What happens in the middle, determines the location of your eternity. I think that you stay here on this earth until you have been through all the ups and downs that your soul needs to have gone through to have become the soul you enter eternity with. Certainly, I could be mistaken as I have been mistaken at least once before.

I will sign off for now and finish my thoughts in the morning. I hope that my time line view of life is starting to take shape in your mind a bit. If not, maybe by the time I finish tomorrow my twisted concept will be clearer.

Blessings to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment